This course is designed to give you hands-on experience with basic quilting skills. The instructor will be present to allow plenty of individual direction and assistance. You will construct a simple throw size quilt, while learning the skills to advance to other quilt projects. Sessions will include the following skills: fabric choice and color, pattern choices and interpretation, safe and accurate cutting skills with rotary cutter and scissors, the importance of the consistent ¼ Dz seam in quilt piecing, pressing techniques, block piecing, basic applique, and other tips and tricks. This class is intended for all levels of experience…you’d be surprised at how much we can learn from each other!
- Sewing machine. Must be in good working order. Bring the manual to class. *We do have loaner machines, however it’s best to learn on your own machine)
- Neutral color thread for piecing. 100% cotton – 50 weight.
- Extra sewing machine needles.
- Extra Bobbins that fit your sewing machine.
- Sharp scissors.
- Seam ripper.
- Rotary Cutter with new blade.
- Cutting mat.
- Quilter’s Acrylic Ruler.
- Straight Pins.
*Honey Run Quilters in Chico (located inside Cathy’s Sew & Vac) is offering 20% off tools, fabrics, and other supplies needed for the class.
- Art and Hobbies
- Career Exploration and Job Readiness
- Career Technical Education (CTE)
- Community Education
- Computers and Technology
- English as a Second Language (ESL)
- Health and Fitness
- High School Diploma and Equivalency
- Language and Communication
- Remedial Academic Skills Classes