The EMT program is a 164 hour course that will prepare the student for certification as an EMT in California. Combining lecture and supervised hospital and ambulance experience, the course includes ambulance patient evaluation and treatment as well as required skills designed to prepare the student for pre-hospital emergency care. Fee covers tuition, books, uniform shirt, and mandatory background check and drug screen, which is to be completed within the first three weeks of class. (Information provided to students the first day of class.)
TIME SENSITIVE PROGRAM REQUIREMENTS
- A current BLS CPR card
- Access to the internet for online quizzes
- Critical deadline for the 3rd class meeting:
- A uniform (Uniform requirements will be discussed at the first class meeting).
- Online orientation completed
- Immunization documentation: A list of required immunizations along with specific and detailed information for proper documentation is available from the OAE front office.
- Students not meeting the above requirements and deadline will be dropped from the program.
In addition to the schedule below, there are five additional weekend classroom dates plus 24 hours of clinical time to be scheduled.
- Art and Hobbies
- Career Exploration and Job Readiness
- Career Technical Education (CTE)
- Community Education
- Computers and Technology
- English as a Second Language (ESL)
- Health and Fitness
- High School Diploma and Equivalency
- Language and Communication
- Remedial Academic Skills Classes